Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whiskey
Tanqueray London Dry Gin
Lemon Twist (Garnish)
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Rinse a chilled Martini glass with Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whiskey and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to an ice-filled Mixing glass.
- Stir to mix, chill and dilute.
- Discard the Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whiskey from the Martini glass.
- Strain into the chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a Lemon twist.
Alcohol content: 12.1g per serve
History of the Drink
The Martini is a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for well over a century. Originally, the term ‘Martini’ referred specifically to a cocktail made with Gin and Vermouth, served straight up in a chilled cocktail glass with a twist of Lemon or Olive garnish.
However, over time the Martini has evolved to encompass a wide variety of cocktails made with different spirits, mixers and garnishes. Today, the term ‘Martini’ is often used as a catch-all term for any cocktail served in a Martini glass, regardless of its ingredients or preparation.
While the term ‘Martini’ is often used as a catch-all term for any cocktail served in a Martini glass, many bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts do draw a distinction between the classic Martini and other Martini-style cocktails.