Buchanan’s is a blended Scotch Whisky created by James Buchanan in 1884. Buchanan’s redefined the category by creating a blend that is appreciated around the world.
James Buchanan launched Buchanan’s Scotch Whisky in 1884 with the goal of creating a uniquely smooth blend that can be shared and enjoyed by all. James Buchanan placed a red seal on every bottle as his commitment of the utmost quality Scotch. Learn more from the video below.
Keith Law is Buchanan’s current Master Blender, one of the most prestigious names in whisky worldwide, continuing to honor Buchanan’s traditions.
Did you know?
- The shape of a Buchanan’s bottle is inspired from a soldier’s water canteen as a symbol of sharing and camaraderie among people.
- The red lion coat of arms on every Buchanan’s bottle is also James Buchanan’s personal coat of arms, which he also used in his philanthropic deeds.
- In 1898, James Buchanan was given the Royal Warrant to supply the Royal Household with Buchanan’s Whisky.
Explore our recipes:
To find a world of popular and exciting serves featuring Buchanan's.
Buchanan’s offers four different, award-winning Scotch Whiskies:
- Buchanan’s Deluxe 12 year old whisky is one of the world’s most iconic and awarded Scotch whisky brands.
- Buchanan’s Master whisky honors the blend of malts, using at least one from every region in Scotland.
- Buchanan’s Special Reserve 18 year old is a blend of grain whiskies and single malts aged for at least 18 years in oak barrels that used to hold sherry.
- Buchanan's Red Seal Blended Scotch Whisky is our 80 proof whisky featuring the finest blend of Scottish malts for an impeccable taste.
Stay informed, inspired and connected with Buchanan's: