EP 2 - FROM CLOSURE TO REOPENING - HOPE & SESAME
Tristan Stephenson chats to one of Asia's top bars Hope & Sesame, about their story from closure to reopening.
- Takeaway Cocktails - Hope & Sesame introduced takeaway cocktails 4 days after being forced to close. Since re-opening this still accounts for around 20% of their business.
- Get Creative - Stand out with your cocktail delivery offering, add bar merchandise, glassware, personalised notes or bar tools.
- Low Fuss - Make drinks that are low fuss for consuming at home. Customers want a high quality experience that is low effort.
- Low Overheads - work hard to maintain low overheads and 2 months cash flow.
- Overall recent experiences have taught Hope & Sesame the importance of building a brand with multi-faceted experiences for your consumers to buy into, even at home - investing in merchandise, creating recognisable cocktails, offering bar snacks to accompany your drinks; all help to improve the business even after re-opening.