BUILD YOUR BAR'S BRAND THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
If your outlet is not already on social media it is time to start! With many people using a lot of their online time on social media, these channels are a great way to share content, make instant connections and build relationships with current and future fans. Take a look at our step by step guide to getting your bar noticed.
We already know 4 reasons why your bar should be on social media but how do you do it and which channel should you be using?
Using Facebook is a great way to connect directly with current and potential fans.
3 quick ideas:
- Say thanks - Find people who’ve mentioned you and say thanks with a new drink just for them.
- Make your post relevant - Drive foot traffic with posts and offers relevant to the day, area or occasion.
- Take photos- Images get you double the likes, so never post without a great picture.
Top Tip - 80% of Facebook video is watched without sound. Don’t rely on sound and/or use subtitles.
Twitter can really help your outlet to stay on the pulse of your area, tap into trends in the drinks industry and get in touch with local influencers.
3 Quick Ideas:
- Love your locals - Tweet locals who have a good following and give them an offer for your outlet.
- Get tweets right - Images, short videos, just one hashtag and URLs in the middle of the text create better tweets.
- Use local #hashtags - If there is a popular, local hashtag, include it in every relevant tweet.
Top Tip - Twitter is a hot spot for customer service queries. Check it at least twice daily to catch queries and complaints.
Instagram is a great visual channel to inspire fans and attract new customers by posting beautiful images and short-form videos.
3 Quick Ideas:
- Create photo contests - Encourage people to share photos of your outlet with photo contests.
- Use a filter - Light, textured photos get 80% more Likes. So use daylight and filters if you can.
- Always use location – Tag your location in every post. It encourages footfall to your outlet and drives 70% more likes.
Top Tip - While videos are increasingly popular on Instagram, images still get a higher level of engagement and likes.
Time to get started
An important factor to remember is quality over quantity! You don’t need to be on every social media channel but remember to create engaging content on a regular basis on the channels that you do have.
Take a looks at our downloads area at diageobaracademy.com and start using our free social media headers to start promoting your venue! You can also download our free menus, posters and recipe cards.
A RECIPE FOR ONLINE SUCCESS
The digital world is growing but is your bar or restaurant being left behind?
4 REASONS WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS GREAT NEWS FOR YOUR BAR
You may have a personal Facebook, Twitter and even Instagram account but does your bar have one?
DARING DIGITAL: UNIQUE WAYS BARS ARE USING TECHNOLOGY
Learn about some exciting and innovative ways in which bars are introducing digital tech into their day-to-day operations.
LOVE YOUR AREA WITH LOCATION-BASED MARKETING
Location-based online marketing is the perfect way to find the people who are looking online for a great place to eat and drink in your area.
Join in the conversation and share your photos on Instagram @diageobarac or post on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you.
Sign up and become a member of Diageo Bar Academy today and unlock the latest industry news, trends and tips to keep your bar knowledge up to speed!