My name is…
Tolga Germiyanoğlu

I’m based in…
Istanbul, Turkey

I’ve been bartending for…
14 years

Happiness in a glass is…
A Long Island cocktail

I love working with…
Captain Morgan® or Johnnie Walker® Black Label®

Top tip…
51 percent of bartending is chemistry and the remaining 49 percent is psychology.

If you’re travelling around Turkey, or just looking for inspiration, check out these bars…


Tektekci is a first for Istanbul - the city’s original shot bar. From an interesting mix of sweet and sour shots to the hot and spicy variety you will find everything you need at Tektekci to get the night started. If the accolade as Timeout Istanbul’s ‘Best Bar’ isn’t enough to go on then their awesome DJ might just entice you in. He plays all sorts of tunes to appeal to all sorts of tastes and he really gets a great vibe running through this small bar. The crowds go there every weekend and if you aren’t in, then you’re missing out! With over 100 shots on the menu you will be sure to find a drink to satisfy you (responsibly, of course!).


15ml Smirnoff® vodka
10ml Passion fruit juice
5ml Satsuma juice
15ml Orange juice

Add ingredients to a shaker with crushed ice; shake well and serve in a shot glass.

(0.5 standard drinks* and 0.56 units of alcohol per serve)

Drop by atTomtom Mh., Acara Sk No:1, Beyoğlu
Dial+0533 774 7460

Find out more at
Like at
Follow at

Fly Inn Beach

Fly Inn Beach has recently relocated and the new spot is a real treat. Definitely worth a try if you’re looking for that beach front location on a long summers evening. They’ve a delicious selection of frozen speciality cocktails on the menu - probably the best selection around Izmir! When looking for somewhere to hang out with my pals, have fun in the water and drink some good cocktails, then Fly Inn Beach bar would come top of the list!

Ocean Dreams

35ml Smirnoff® vodka
15ml Tanqueray® No. Ten gin
10ml Blue curaçao
120ml Tonıc

Shake the vodka, gin and blue curaçao together. Serve in a glass and add tonic.

(1.8 standard drinks* and 2.2 units of alcohol per serve)

Drop by atSehit Mehmet Mah Pamukova Mevkii Küme Evler, no 932/932/3, Ceşme Izmir
Dial+0232 722 22 57

Follow at

Lime Beach Club

If you are looking for a bar with the perfect location, good music and great cocktails then Lime Beach Club will be right up your street. Located just two hours from Marmaris, the bar only opened in 2012 and since then, it has grown to become one of the top hotspots for locals and tourists alike. Not only is there an extensive range of speciality frozen cocktails but it’s renowned throughout Turkey for its Special Fresh Lime XSS serve. It’s a cocktail for all seasons, so whether its spring, summer, autumn or winter you won’t turn it down. Worth a try when you are next holidaying with your pals.

Special Fresh Lime XSS

45ml Smirnoff® vodka
25ml Fresh lime juice
10ml Lime syrup
15ml Green apple puree

Shake all the ingredients together and put the special Lime XSS glass.

(1.4 standard drinks* and 1.6 units of alcohol per serve)

Drop by atClub Marina Büngüs Koyu Göcek, Fethiye-Muğla

Find out more at

(*One standard drink contains 8g of alcohol)