Don Julio Blanco
Triple Sec Liqueur
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Rim a Chilled Coupe Glass with Salt.
- Muddle the Strawberries and Raspberries in a shaker.
- Add the liquid ingredients with Ice and shake.
- Fine strain into a chilled Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with a Strawberry
16 g per serve
It's estimated that in America 185,000 Margaritas are consumed every hour.
History of the drink
The Spanish word for "daisy" is "margarita." The daisy's flower head closes at night and opens in the morning, which is said to be a perversion of the word 'day's eye'. And it's likely that the Margarita since the 1930's is a tequila-based Daisy - a family of Victorian-era drinks created with citrus juice and sweetened with syrup or liqueur, and then strengthened with alcohol.