Johnnie Walker Black Label
Tsp citric acid
Dash of vanilla extract
fresh lemon juice
Splash of Soda Water to top up drink
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Add 300ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label to the lemon juice in a mixing glass or bowl.
- Add the milk to a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the whisky and lemon mixture to the milk, lightly stirring to mix.
- The milk will begin to curdle; don’t panic – this is the plan.
- With both solutions mixed, cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 – 5 hours.
- Remove the mixture and begin the filtration process: pass it through a coffee filter and muslin cloth to remove the curdle excess.
- If the first pass doesn’t give you a crystal-clear liquid, pass it through a coffee filter again to remove finer particles.
- Add the remaining 100ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label, vanilla extract and citric acid for flavouring – stir to mix.
- Bottle and refrigerate (shelf life – 6 months)
- Serve in a rocks glass over a large ice cube with a splash of soda water and lemon peel to garnish.