BARISTA SKILLS FOR BAR STAFF
Authors: Diego Cromzigt and Nicole Battefeld
Estimated watch time: 1 hour 6 minutes
Calling all Diageo Bar Academy members – this one’s just for you!
Watch our live Members Lab on Barista Skills for Bar Staff with our special guest industry experts, Diego Cromzigt and Nicole Battefeld.
Come away from our exclusive members-only session with new tricks up your sleeve, as Diego and Nicole explore the commonalities between barista and bartending skills. Plus, you can look forward to a live coffee-cocktail demo! Grab the ingredients below before the session to shake along with us.
Cocktail ingredient list:
- Smirnoff vodka - 30ml
- Filter coffee (more fruity) - 50ml
- Ginger syrup - 10ml
- Crème de banane (liqueur or syrup) - 5ml
- Lime juice - 10ml
- Sparkling water to top
- Mint sprig and orange wedge to garnish
- A good cup of coffee or a coffee cocktail starts with good quality beans.
- There are three main coffee growing regions to be aware of when making your choice: Africa, America and Asia.
- The more you practice tasting and nosing, whether that’s at the bar or in the supermarket, the better you’ll get.
- Choose the right flavour profile for your coffee cocktail using a flavour wheel.
- Make sure you always choose the right glassware.
Diageo Bar Academy Masterclass: Barista Skills For Bar Staff
- 03:56 - 22:52 - What Coffee Is & How Do You Taste It?
- 22:53 - 39:52 - Barista Skills You Can Use as a Bartender & How to Make a Good Coffee
- 39:53 - 1:04:54 - How to Make a Good Coffee Cocktail