Gin 101 With WSET: Gin Tasting and Cocktail Making
Learn about all-things-gin – from the spirit’s interesting history to understanding its signature botanical flavours on a whole new level.
Authors: Lidiyanah Keller, Head Bartender at Atlas, no.16 in the World’s 50 Best Bars 2022; Denaya Jones-Reid from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust Association (WSET)
Estimated watch time: 1 hour 8 minutes
WATCH THIS MASTERCLASS AND DISCOVER:
1. The history of gin and production
- The spirit’s origin
- How to make gin using different production methods
- The difference between compound, distilled and London Dry Gin
2. Gin styles and tasting
- An explanation of aged, navy strength, flavoured and sloe gin
- A deep dive into the spirit’s signature botanicals
- Gin tasting using WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting – with step-by-step demonstrations!
3. How to apply your knowledge to create great gin cocktails and enhance guest experience
- Using classic cocktails as a framework
- Achieving balance in your cocktails
- Upselling gin serves
- How to create two new gin cocktails – with demonstrations!
Don’t miss expert advice on how you can make the most of gin at your venue.
04.18 - 18.49 - The history of gin and production.
18.50 - 41.55 - Gin styles and tasting.
42.02 - 58.00 - How to apply your knowledge to create great gin cocktails and enhance guest experience
A GUIDE TO GIN TASTING & FLAVOUR
Get ready to taste gin and create delicious new serves with confidence, inspired by the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits guide.