GIN 101 WITH WSET: GIN TASTING AND COCKTAIL MAKING
Check out our latest Masterclass session with Lidiyanah Keller, Head Bartender at Atlas, no.16 in the World’s 50 Best Bars 2022, and Denaya Jones-Reid from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust Association (WSET).
Learn about all-things-gin – from the spirit’s interesting history to understanding its signature botanical flavours on a whole new level.
1. The history of gin and production
- The spirit’s origin
- How to make gin using different production methods
- The difference between compound, distilled and London Dry Gin
2. Gin styles and tasting
- An explanation of aged, navy strength, flavoured and sloe gin
- A deep dive into the spirit’s signature botanicals
- Gin tasting using WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting – with step-by-step demonstrations!
3. How to apply your knowledge to create great gin cocktails and enhance guest experience
- Using classic cocktails as a framework
- Achieving balance in your cocktails
- Upselling gin serves
- How to create two new gin cocktails – with demonstrations!
Don’t miss expert advice on how you can make the most of gin at your venue.
BEHIND THE LIQUID: BOTANICALS AND THE WORLD OF GIN
The key to creating great gin cocktails is understanding and complementing the flavours within your base spirit. Dive into the world of gin and its signature botanicals.
TEQUILA! AN EXPERT’S GUIDE TO TASTING & SERVING
Watch our Masterclass on all things tequila with Liam Scandrett of WSET, Karina Sanchez, the Global Don Julio Brand Ambassador and Eduardo Gomez, tequila and mezcal expert.
SUMMER COCKTAIL GUIDE: GIN
Maximise your cocktail offering this summer with these six must-have gin recipes!
EPISODE #56: THE ART OF MIXOLOGY WITH REMY SAVAGE
In this episode Remy chats about how he links art movements to the drinks industry and the impact this has on his cocktail creation as well as the design and functionality of his venue.