A popular story suggests that the cocktail was conducted for a banquet in 1890 at the Manhattan Club New York.
- 1.5 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- 1 oz. Sweet vermouth
- .5 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
- 1-2 Dashes Angostura bitters
- Chill a glass
- Into a mixing jug add Maraschino Liqueur, sweet vermouth, Bulleit Bourbon and add ice
- Add Angostura bitters
- Stir with a bar spoon
- Add more ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Prepare an orange peel
- Twirl and twist over the cocktail glass, rim and edges, garnish.
Alcohol content: 0.6 fluid oz. per serve