In this Bar Clips episode, we’re looking at draft cocktails and how to make the most of this growing opportunity in the bar scene. Industry expert, Terry Cashman, talks us through the benefits of offering cocktails on tap, as well as showing us how to create draft-friendly, balanced cocktail recipes, and teaches us the tricks behind setting up a successful cocktail batching system. Plus, we even get a sneak peek at how Nine Lives Bar creates their own canned, premade cocktails!
FIVE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Consistency is key – the ability to serve a bespoke cocktail as easily as a beer takes the potential for human error at the point of service out of the equation almost entirely.
- Batching balanced cordials ready to create draft cocktails before your bar opens helps set you up for success.
- Serving via drafts means you can offer guests drinks with maximum flavour in minimum time.
- Pre-batching cocktails ready to be served swiftly on draft takes the pressure off bar staff during busy nights.
- When buying ingredients for your premade cocktails, forecast how much you’re likely to sell, and order exactly what you need to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
EASY CORDIALS FOR COCKTAILS ON TAP
From speeding up service to reducing wastage and adding complexity to drinks - cordials play a big role in the bar. Download our easy cordials for cocktails on tap and try them for yourself today.