Johnnie Walker Black Old Fashioned
Enjoy a smoky classic made with the iconic flavours of Johnnie Walker Black Label.
This vintage drink was one of the earliest cocktails and originally known simply as the ‘Whisky Cocktail’. Whisky is sweetened with sugar and aromatised with bitters, garnished with an orange peel and served up in a rocks glass. Bartender lore tells us the drink was created at the Pendennis Club in Louisville where people asked for a cocktail “the old-fashioned way” i.e. using sugar and bitters to make harsh alcohol taste better. In 2015, Louisville named the Old Fashioned its official cocktail and during the first two weeks of June, celebrates “Old Fashioned Fortnight” with special drinks events.
- 50ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 1 Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Sprig of rosemary
- 1 Sugar Cube
- Place a sugar cube in the glass, add a dash of Angostura bitters and muddle until dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour 50ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label.
- Garnish with sprig of rosemary.
Alcohol content: 15.8g per serve