Long Island Iced Tea
The old standby goes uptown! Smirnoff No.21 Vodka, Don Julio Blanco Tequila, Captain Morgan White Rum, Gordon's Gin, Triple Sec, Cola and sour on the rocks. It's tea time!
The Long Island Iced Tea is a sweet cocktail made with vodka, tequila, rum, gin, triple sec, sour mix and a splash of cola. This strong drink usually contains between 19-22g of alcohol per serve, and should be served responsibly. The drink may have evolved from the Prohibition era in the US, where legend tells of one ‘Old Man Bishop’, who got creative with cocktail crafting, using five of his favourite spirits and a splash of maple syrup. This gave the drink its signature iced tea appearance, which may have helped disguise its alcoholic contents!
- 12.5ml Smirnoff No. 21
- 12.5ml Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 12.5ml Captain Morgan White Rum
- 12.5ml Gordon's Gin
- 12.5ml Triple Sec
- 25ml lemon juice
- 12.5ml sugar syrup
- Splash cola
- Lemon wedge
- Fill Boston shaker glass with ice.
- Add Smirnoff No.21 Vodka, Don Julio Blanco Tequila, Captain Morgan White Rum, Gordon's Gin, Triple Sec, sugar syrup and lemon juice.
- Shake, strain and pour over ice into a highball glass.
- Top with cola and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Alcohol content: 19.3g per serve