understand whisky flavour to build a unique cocktail menu
Watch our latest Masterclass with Johnnie Walker Global Ambassador, Tim Philips-Johansson, and find out how to unlock unique whisky cocktails by taking your knowledge of the spirit’s flavour profiles to the next level.
WATCH THIS MASTERCLASS, AND DISCOVER:
- New whisky flavour profiles using the Johnnie Walker flavour wheel
- Different styles of whisky
- Classic whisky flavour profiles
- How to use the Johnnie Walker flavour wheel to create unique whisky cocktails
- How to create THREE new whisky cocktails with demos from competition-winning bartenders:
- Sampath Rathnayake’s "Signatures Collector" cocktail
- Anna Postnikova’s "Johnnie, Wine & Fruits" cocktail
- Ariel Todeschini’s "A Foot in Brasil" cocktail
- The secrets to building a compelling cocktail menu:
- Why less is sometimes more
- Offering an element of surprise
- How to leverage occasions to make your menu stand out
Don’t miss pro tips and game-changing advice for creating a unique whisky cocktail menu!
Ariel Todeschini’s A Foot in Brasil cocktail
40ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 30ml Oloroso Sherry, 30ml Jaboticaba and Tangerine Peel Cordial (Cranberry is also a great substitute), A block of ice, Garnish: three orange peel coins
Anna Postnikova’s Johnnie, Wine & Fruits cocktail
45ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 30ml of leftover cordial (leftover white dry wine, bananas, star anise, coconut oil fatwash, sugar, malic acid), Top up with dry sparkling wine (optional), Rolling is perfect for this drink
Sampath Rathnayake’s Signatures Collector cocktail
50ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 30ml Lemongrass & Raspberry artisanal, 30ml Freshly squeezed lemon, 3 drops angostura bitter, 70ml Quinine soda, Pinch of salt, Garnish: Isomalt striding man logo
LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF WHISKY COCKTAILS
Whether you want to get creative with seasonal drinks, or explore the world in seven highballs, this booklet will be your go-to for the latest whisky creations.
A GUIDE TO CLASSIC COCKTAILS
Discover a selection of the most popular classic cocktail recipes. Review the most famous, best-loved drinks, refine your techniques and keep your customers happy!
CREATING A HIGHBALL FOR ALL SEASONS
Four talented Diageo Brand Ambassadors and bar professionals - Katie Nagar, Santiago Michelis, Jo Last and Rian Assidao share their highball serves for all seasons.
SIMPLIFIED SERVES AND FLAVOURS
This episode of Bar Clips helps draw parallels between the approach taken by a bartender creating a great drink and a chef creating a great dish.