Don Julio Blanco
Lime Wedge (Garnish)
Pinch of Salt (Garnish)
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Use a Lime wedge to coat the rim of a Highball glass.
- Dip the rim in a dish of salt to coat.
- Add cubed ice to fill the glass to the top.
- Add 1.5 fl. oz. of Don Julio Blanco Tequila to the glass.
- Add the lime juice.
- Top off the remainder of the glass with Cola.
- Garnish with a Lime wedge.
15 g per serve
The Batanga is a refreshing and easy-to-make cocktail that is popular in Mexico and other Latin American countries. It is also sometimes referred to as a Mexican Coke.
History of the drink
It was created in 1961 by the renowned Don Javier Delgado Corona, owner and bartender of La Capilla (The Chapel) in Tequila, Mexico. He famously stirred the drink with a knife, the same knife he used to chop the limes.