Buttered Scotch (Johnnie Walker Gold Label)
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice
- Stir to dilute
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice
- 700ml Johnnie Walker Gold + 100g Unsalted Butter
- Cook ingredients Sous Vide for 90 min at 56 C
- Add ingredients into a container and freeze until butter has solidified (fatwash)
- Remove butter with a superbag and store Buttered Scotch.
Be very careful preparing this recipe.
- Heat 1kg brown sugar, 2g salt, 100g water to 170C in a large saucepan with high sides.
- Keep brushing the sides of the saucepan with a wet pastry brush and try not to move or stir the main part of the liquid.
- Once ready, let cool to 90C then add 600g of hot water.
- Stir to dissolve any residual sugar.