Tanqueray No.10 Gin
Acidified carrot syrup*
Carrot Leaves or Lemon Peel garnish
0 units of alcohol per serve
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously, then strain up into a chilled coupe glass and garnish.
*Acidified carrot syrup
For bars or restaurants with a juicer—a great piece of equipment for juice-forward brunch cocktails and no-ABV serves—juicing fresh, in-season carrots and creating a syrup with them is a perfect way to use this hearty root vegetable. The addition of citric. acid powder elevates the flavour and increases the shelf life.
- 1-part fresh carrot juice
- 1- part sugar
- 1% citric acid powder (to the weight of the final syrup)
- Combine the juice and sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, weigh the container that the syrup will be stored in on a scale, then tare to zero.
- Add the liquid to the container on the scale to calculate its weight in grams, then add 1% citric acid powder to the weight of the syrup.
- Store for up to 2-3 weeks.
** Honey syrup: Mix one part water with one part honey.