Expert Guide To Rum Tasting and Mixing
Get a better understanding of rum with this Diageo Bar Academy Masterclass hosted by the award-winning Ian Burrell.
Authors: Ian Burrell, Award-winning EduTainer; Sly Augustin, Managing Director of Trailer Happiness rum-bar
Estimated watch time: 57 minutes
Become a Rum Expert
Rum is one of the most vibrant and diverse types of drinks you can offer at your bar. In this webinar, learn all about the distinct types of rum, ranging from white, spiced, and aged, and the textures and flavours you can expect.
Watch now to learn the best mixes and ingredients to combine with certain rum to craft exciting cocktails, and discover how to make rum to enhance your knowledge as a bartender.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn about the recent rise in rum’s popularity
- Explore rum’s history and production
- Understand the different flavours and styles of rum
- Learn how to taste rum like an expert
- 04.23 - 15.59 - The history and heritage of rum
- 16.20 - 22.44 - A guide to rum texture and flavors
- 22.46 - 30.47 - How to taste rum and pair it with food
- 31.00 - 50.00 - How to make the most popular rum cocktails
Rum flavour Guide
This comprehensive guide features explanations of all the different types of rums. Download this easy-to-follow resource to understand all the different styles, colours, and flavours of rum.