Don Julio Paloma
Don Julio Blanco Tequila mixed with ruby grapefruit juice and a splash of soda...deliciously fresh tasting and tangy.
A summer favourite for many, this laidback, tequila-based cocktail was created in Tequila, Mexico by the legendary owner of La Capilla, Don Javier Delgado Corona, and dates back to the late 1950s. However, there is little evidence to back this up, and little else is known about the origin of the Paloma. The serve became more well known internationally in the 2000s as it became a fixture in high-end bars across North America. Despite not being as well represented as the classic margarita on your average cocktail menu nowadays at an international level, this fruity beverage is known to be the most popular tequila-based serve amongst the locals in Mexico.
- 50 ml Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 100ml Ruby grapefruit juice
- 100ml soda
- Grapefruit peel or lime wedge
- Combine the Blanco Tequila and Ruby grapefruit juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice filled Collins glass.
- Top with the soda water.
- Garnish with a grapefruit peel or lime wedge.
Alcohol content: 15g per serve